People stumble onto this blog from different places, through different links and promos. I hope that eventually you all get around to reading my about me page for a bit more of an insight into me. But, I know that some of you won’t, and I sometimes think that I actually need to update it.
A little while ago, Nicole at Mama NYC shared the story of how she started her blog and then called out 5 other bloggers to do the same. I was then ping’ed in 2 different posts from bloggers asking me to do the same. I really enjoyed hearing the story behind how Dawn at Cheap is the New Classy started out as well as Maggie at Literary Winner got her beginning. Needless to say we are all ladies who don’t like being bored and that is one commonality to our “how we got started” story.
Since I haven’t done a video update in awhile, I thought I’d whip out the video camera and go through the long winded story. Little Isla wanted to get involved and just as we were about to start filming, she kept throwing her toy – she thought it was a fun game. So, instead, she is just off camera very quielty watching me. She did come over and rock the camera a few times, you’ll see it sway a little
If you don’t have time to watch the long winded version of me babbling, the gist of the story is…
- At the beginning of 2011, I decided to stop writing the blog I had been writing in for 3 years. Time to press the reset button.
- Hubby and I decided to get pregnant with number 2 around the same time.
- About 2 months later he was offered a relocation from New Zealand to New York city
- We decided to take up the relocation offer and go ahead and try to get pregnant.
- I decide that blogging about the relocation process might be fun – lawyers, embassies, passport, relocation companies, real estate agents, etc…
- Instead I am pregnant and queasy for at least 6-7 months of the pregnancy so I have no energy to blog
- Just before I leave for New York in August 2011, I start this blog, aiming to blog about my experiences settling in New York
- Isla is born in November 2011 and I ramp up my efforst with Mama goes BAM
So there you have it, that’s my story.
And now I am gonna ask 5 of my bloggy friends to tell me the story of how their blogs got their beginning. Once they get ping’ed it’ll be their turn to share their stories and ask another 5 bloggers to share theirs. Check these ladies out and some of their more recent posts.
Margaret at Margs World It Doesn’t End Just Because They Become of Age
Maria at Adventures of the Mommy Homemaker Reaching Out, In Hopes of Help
Olfa at Our Family World 3 Easy Summer Crafts for Toddlers
Mel at The Mommyhood Chronicles Elmer’s Bag it Forward to a Friend in Need
Nicole of Mama to 4 Blessings Mom’s Quick Tip of the Week…Using Kitchen Gadgets