So, have you made the swap yet? Earlier this month, Duane Reade made the switch to the new Balance Rewards card and one of the great new features is that you can use your card in any Duane Reade or Walgreens across the nation – that is a total of 7,900 stores. One of the claims is that the rewards are bigger! As a regular shopper at Duane Reade I was keen to put this new program to the test and see just how much bigger the rewards are. I’m please to say that in less than 2 weeks I’ve been able to build quite a nice points balance without even spending exorbitant amounts.
With everyday purchases like diapers, juice and vitamins, I can already redeem points to get $10 off my next purchase, or if I were to save up my points, I would be on my way to redeeming points for $20 off within a few purchases. I managed to rack up these points in just 3 purchases totaling just under $100.
Making the switch is super simple. If you have an old Flex Rewards card just bring it to your local Duane Reade to bring your points across. Otherwise create a new account with your phone number and address. Easy-peasy, you’re done in 5 minutes and can use your card immediately for purchases.
I recently shopped Duane Reade with the weekly circular, trying to see how I could stretch my dollar
Below are a few key features of Balance Rewards that I discovered
- You can earn points on sale items
- Select over-the-counter products will award you 10 points per $1 spent
- It’s easy to get the minimum redemption level of 5,000 points, with bonus points I reached 5,000 points with a $40 purchase
- Points are updated automatically to your account on Balancerewards.com and the accompanying iPhone app so you can check your balance on the go
- It pays to shop with the circular, as you can stock up on 2 for 1 and sales items while earning points
Check out my Google+ photo album for ideas on how I am building points and saving with Balance Rewards as well as how to login to BalanceRewards.com on your computer and from the iPhone app.
disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.