If you’ve had a look around this blog, you’ll know that I am a big fan of bucket lists, goal setting, writing your ambitions down – whatever you want to call it, basically planning to achieve in Oprah’s words “your best life”. I have a list of 100 things that I would like to do in this lifetime. I think it is important to acknowledge your goals and writing them down often helps propel them into reality.
With the arrival of my second child, I feel even more strongly about achieving items on the list. After all, the closer I am to being who I want to be and achieving ‘things’ off the list, the happier I will be and in turn the better a mama I will be.
Just Ask want you to stay around for a good long while so you can cross epic activities and life-changing achievements off that list of yours. That’s why they’ve developed a test that could save your life—the BRACAnalysis test—by informing you about your chances of getting breast or ovarian cancer.
– from the Today’s Mama website
They are running a competition at the moment in conjunction with Today’s Mama and in order to take part, I just need to share 15 of the items off my list. In no particular order, here are 15 highlights on my bucket list:
- Running in a woman’s marathon. There is something about running in front of spectators that is so invigorating. I think running as part of a sisterhood would be a-ma-zing!
- Write an award winning book. I have a lot of stories to tell, both fiction and non-fiction. They say that the difference between someone who has published a book and someone who hasn’t is that the published author just writes. This blog is a first step in getting to that book for me.
- Take drawing lessons. I think I have it in me to draw, I just need some guidance.
- Drink a bang lassi in India. India has always been on my list of places to visit. What’s not to like? The friendly people, the food, the meditation and yoga…oh and a bang lassi to end the day
- New Orleans for Mardi Gras. I’m not sure I want any of the beads, but I’d love to drink up the atmosphere.
- Ride a camel. Not sure where, maybe Abu Dhabi. I’d love to do this even though some have said the stinky bumpy animal rides are overrated…I’d like to find out for myself.
- Visit FAO Schwartz and enjoy it as if I am a child. Maybe even rent out the whole place and have a pyjama party for a few friends, make ice creams and dance on the massive piano.
- Travel from Marathon to Athens in Greece. Get an understanding of the history behind the epic running event.
- Ride a gondola in Venice. If I could I would travel more often. I’ve been to Cinque Terre in Italy and loved every moment of it. Venice I think would be classy and romantic
- Drink cognac in Cognac.
- Sip champagne in Champagne.
- Have a pint of cider in Ireland. Most would say Guiness, but I’ve never been a fan of the stuff.
- Become a yoga instructor. The ultimate would be to become a Bikram yoga instructor. The experience of fully dedicating myself to the practice for 3 months in order to become certified is scary and exciting at the same time.
- Go on African Safari.
This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details.