Lately I’ve been reading the blog of a fellow Canadian whose name is Heather, she is a never-stay-at-home mom with a wicked sense of humor – look at this post that she put up on April 1, see what I mean?
Besides her personal posts and photography, book reviews and interviews with other bloggers, ActingBalanced.com is a wealth of information including a resource area she started exactly a year ago today for Autism Awareness Month in April 2011. The resource is full of interviews with parents whose children are autistic, doctors and other guest posts. It is truly a thorough resource in helping with spreading information from both a personal and objective point of view on autism.
Heather takes part in a few memes, including the newest one she has introduced called He Said/She Said, which is a meme that you have to take part in with your significant other. Both of you have to answer the same questions, so it is interesting to see how answers differ and where they are the same. I’d love to do this with my husband, their launch question about ‘how they met’ would definitely generate completely different questions from me and my husband.
What strikes me about the memes that Heather takes part in, is that I feel I get to know her better with most of them, particularly the 5 Question Friday Posts. So, I thought I’d use a recent set of her questions and answer them for you my readers, in the hopes that it helps you get to know me better. Here goes!
1. Will you run to the store or to pick up a kid looking a mess? Absolutely! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there is always someone else in this city that looks a hotter mess than me!
2. Do you finish a book if it’s boring or you don’t like it? I’m a glutton for punishment, but yes. I always think, it’s gotta get better. The only time I don’t finish it is if I am dragging through it and it is due back at the library and I’ve yet to finish it and I can’t see the potential in it as a good read.
3. Beach or mountain vacations? Either or please. I’ve had both and each has its advantages. As long as there is sunshine I’d be happy just to have a vacation.
4. What thing/event says “winter will end and spring is right around the corner” to you? In the 3 years I have seen spring come in in Christchurch and Auckland, New Zealand and now in New York. The one beautiful thing I notice at the parks is the gorgeous pink and white blossoms that are a constant no matter where I am. The other sign of spring is the onslaught of the spring cold as everyone rushes into summer like clothing too quickly – slow down people, it’s still cold out there!
5. Would you prefer couples or family vacation? At the moment I’d love a couples vacation. I’m sure it would take a few days to get used to the fact that my children are not with me, and I’d probably check in with whoever was watching them constantly at first. But, our weekends and holidays revolve around the kiddos at the moment, so a nice getaway with the husband would be a well deserved recharge for us.
I hope you learnt something about my newest blogging buddy Heather at Acting Balanced as well as about me. Any other questions you’d like me to answer?