Today is the first day of summer, hooray! There is a heatwave spreading across the US, with temps here in New York City set to hit a record breaking 97 by Thursday – ouch! We’re staying in, and staying cool except for a few places we have to go.
I love summer, and here are a few of the reasons why
- The abundance of fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- Waking up to the sound of birds and blue skies
- Eating ice cream
- Turning my face to the sun and feeling the warmth
- Sitting in the grass at the park
- Running through sprinklers
- Taking it easy, slowing down and taking in my surroundings
- Shedding the layers of clothes in favor of strappy tops, skirts, dresses and sandals
- Buskers and drumming circles everywhere
- Food trucks!
I really love these tips from Gothamist about Heatwave Do’s and Don’ts check them out for ideas for keeping cool over the next few days.
* All photos taken by my lovely sister.